Without a doubt the biggest news of this week is Beyonce's tour. Other than that, there are a few additional onsales for other performers, some baseball tickets, and a couple theater productions, including The Addams Family.
Average prices at TN.com for concert onsales*
- Most of Beyonce's upcoming tour — at least 14 shows — goes on sale next Monday.
- Eight more of Rod Stewart's Las Vegas shows are on sale this Saturday.
- Onsales for two Dave Matthews Band concerts in Peham, AL, and Southaven, MS are this Friday.
- There are two onsales in California this Friday for Kenny Chesney: Fresno and Anaheim.
- Green Day has an onsale for Connecticut's Mohegan Sun Arena today.
- There is an onsale this Saturday for Tim McGraw's concert in Cincinnati.
- There is an onsale for Bob Seger in St. Louis this Saturday.
When she's not performing a show so powerful that it causes a surge somewhere in the New Orleans Superdome, she's announcing a tour. Okay, the power outage wasn't her fault, but she is announcing a tour. Well, sort of, because she was scooped on the whole thing a day ahead of time. But, in any case, a tour is coming.
The U.S. leg of The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour will see Beyonce tour the region for the first time in four years, the last being during the "I Am... Tour" in 2009. On the 22-date run, Beyonce will perform from coast to coast and north to south. Before the U.S. run, Beyonce will tour Europe.
While it seems as though the rumored reunion of Destiny's Child will not come to pass, that doesn't mean we won't see special guests on this tour. Perhaps a few well-timed appearances by Mr. Carter, Jay-Z, himself? Notably, the last show of the leg is being hosted in Brooklyn, Jay-Z's hometown, so we shall see.
The U.S. dates are below. Click here to find an event and place an order for tickets.
It may cost nearly $4 million for a 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl, but that doesn’t stop us all from judging the spots pretty harshly. I mean, that’s part of what watching the game is all about, right? Here are our top Super Bowl commercial picks:
Doritos, "Fashionista Dad"
I always like Doritos commercials during the Super Bowl, and I thought this one where a girl gets her dad to dress up like a princess was pretty cute. The other Doritos commercial, "Goat 4 Sale," was good, too.