The entire team would like to congratulate Marilyn for placing the winning entry. She inspired us with the remembrance of her mother, and made us dab our eyes when she nominated her daughter as the 2012 TN.com Awesome Mom!
Marilyn, check your email... We'll be in touch with details collecting your "Awesome" prize: a $50 TicketNetwork gift card, and a $25 Restaurant.com Gift Code.
Of course, all the awesome stories of awesome moms made this contest a tough one to judge.
When the TN Team planned this Mother's Day contest, we weren't sure what type of responses to expect. But we were blown away by the number of touching (and occasionally hilarious) stories you shared.
Our Favorite Entries
• "She always cared about others and showed me no matter what, you never give up and always, always keep Faith, Love for others, and Humor." — Diane B.
• "My Mom is no longer with me but she left me a legacy of giving and caring. ... As a mother and grandmother myself, I try to live the way she did. Therefore, I would like to nominate my daughter." — Marilyn
• "Being a mom isn't an easy job and ANY mom deserves to be praised.... It's a job we have for the rest of our lives — and hopefully we'll do it well enough to leave an impression on those we've chosen to bring into this world." — Diane R.
• "She is my best friend and I pray that I can become the mother to my 2 boys that she has been to me throughout my life." — Barbara
And who could forget this one?
• "Despite her emotional shortcomings and terrifying pitch black shiny eyes, she has taught me a lot about gravity-wave propulsion, mineral acquisition on gas-based moons and cattle mutilation." — an interplanetary reader
Thanks again to everyone who shared their stories with us. (You can read the entries here.) Each entry was truly memorable in its own way, and we wish you and your families a very happy Mother's Day!