If you're not attending a party or heading to Times Square on New Years Eve, then you're probably looking for something else to do besides sit around and wait for midnight to arrive. If so, you're in luck, because a number of artists and bands have concerts that night. In what's become something of a tradition, many of them schedule three or four day runs, usually in the same city. Below see some of the bands who have New Years runs.
- Phish - The jam band will have four dates at Madison Square Garden from December 28-31.
- Coldplay - Coldplay will play one concert at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT, on December 29, followed by two shows at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY, on December 30 and 31.
- Furthur - Furthur will perform three shows at San Francisco's Bill Graham Civic Auditorium from December 29-31.
- Zac Brown Band - Zac Brown Band's run is a little different than the rest. The country band will play the dates as part of their ongoing tour. The first is December 29 in Birmingham, AL; the second on December 30 in Cincinnati, OH; and the last on December 31 in Detroit, MI.
- My Morning Jacket - My Morning Jacket will play three shows at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY, from December 27-29. They'll then head to Boston for a December 31 show at Agganis Arena.
- Willie Nelson - The country singer-songwriter will play two shows on December 30 and 31 at the Moody Theater in Austin, TX, as part of his ongoing tour.
In addition to the multi-day runs, there are several bands playing only on New Years Eve. Click here for a list of all the bands and comedians with performances on New Years Eve for whom we have tickets.
This week's onsales are jam packed with concerts before Thanksgiving and Black Friday come next week, and everybody's attention is focused elsewhere. This week we have initial onsales for Taylor Swift's new tour, a new leg of Carrie Underwood's Blown Away tour, a brand new date for the Rolling Stones this December, and a brief Def Leppard residency in Vegas. Also up are several Monster Jam dates and Cirque du Soleil.
Average prices at TN.com for concert onsales*
- Taylor Swift has onsales for 19 of the 27 dates on her new Red Tour. The first leg will begin in mid-March and run until mid-September. Onsales for at least 19 of the tour dates are this Friday.
- Carrie Underwood is starting a new North American leg of her Blown Away Tour in 2013. The initial onsales are this Friday.
- The Rolling Stones have added a date to their end of year stint in London and the U.S. The new date will be in Brooklyn, NY, on December 8. The onsale is next Monday.
- Soundgarden will have 17 shows onsale Friday for next year's tour supporting King Animal.
- Coldplay will give three end-of-year concerts—two in Brooklyn (one co-headlining with Jay-Z) and one in Uncasville, CT. The Mohegan Sun show will go onsale this Friday and the two Brooklyn shows will go onsale Saturday.