When Taylor Swift tours, she does it right. This time, it's a world tour in support of her newest album, 1989 (which, by the way, is setting records). The 1989 World Tour starts on May 20, 2015, in Bossier City, LA and continues through Halloween 2015.
Not only will the tour stop in places like Germany, Holland, and the U.K., but there are more than 40 dates in the U.S. alone. T.Swift will stay in some cities for two nights, including Los Angeles, CA; Denver, CO; Foxborough, MA; and Nashville, TN.
Swift will be joined by Vance Joy, an Australian singer, for her North American shows, with Canadian singer Shawn Mendes making an appearance at the stadium shows.
See below for tour dates and visit the Taylor Swift page for more information on tickets.
Whatever you did over the weekend was cool and all, but Taylor Swift invited some fans over to her house, baked cookies, and they all listened to her new album 1989.
It was a surprise for 89 of her fans, who were all hand-picked by Taylor Swift herself. They were contacted by Taylor's management team and given vague details about the "top secret exclusive event" (where to go, and when) but nothing more, according to TSwiftLA.
Some of the details of the evening:
- There was a ton of food for the 89 attendees to eat, including cookies. Baked by Taylor Swift. Pumpkin chocolate chip, if you care.
- The group sat in Taylor's living room where she laid out the details of the evening. AKA, "Hey guys, thanks for being fans, now do you want to listen to my entire album with me right now?" (Not an exact quote.)
- Taylor spoke to her fans about the details of each song.
- They also got to hang out with Taylor's cat, Olivia. No details about her other cat, Meredith, but we'll assume she was there, too.
- There was dancing and rapping to Kendrick Lamar's "Backseat Freestyle."
- Everyone got to take selfies with Taylor. They also got gift bags.
- This all happened at Taylor's house in LA. Just wanted to reiterate that.
Believe it or not, Ellen DeGeneres has had "The Ellen Show" for eleven seasons now. During that time, she's had plenty of strange haircuts (she may have even been the original creator of The Bieber cut), given away great prizes to deserving audience members and fans, and interviewed a slew of awesome guests.
But most importantly, she has scared people. Here are the 4 best scare attempts on Ellen's show, in honor of the newest season of "The Ellen Show."
#6: Katie Holmes
This week, Coca-Cola released an ad for Diet Coke featuring Taylor Swift. A few weeks ago, Pepsi also relased their ad featuring Beyonce… so who did it better?
Taylor Swift/Diet Coke
Just so you know, there is a correct answer here, and that answer is Beyonce. However, I have no opinion on whether Coke or Pepsi is better. What do you think? And, fine, which commercial do you prefer?
Television and movies are important to us, as a society, which is why that's what everyone's talking about this week.
Ryan Gosling quits acting
I would be remiss if I didn't mention that yesterday's video about Ryan Gosling Staring at Things was up at HuffPo because of Gosling's recent announcement: he's breaking up with us. Well, actually, he's taking a break from acting, but this definitely feels like a break-up, and it is not mutual. What did I ever do to deserve this misery? I guess I'm not entirely surprised by this news, since he's said before he's tired of looking at his own face. He also recently made his directorial debut with the film "How To Catch A Monster." But I still get to be bummed. In the meantime, I guess I'll just keep watching videos of him staring (see the one at left for his impressive work in "Drive"). Dearest Ryan, come back to us soon. xoxo, The World.