As you know, TicketNetwork.com is celebrating its 7th anniversary. Which got us thinking about 2007. Like, more than most people think about 2007 when they're in 2014. It's kind of too soon to really be nostalgic about anything that happened only 7 years ago, and yet... here we are. So let's go back in time and see what the pop culture landscape was like then. Warning: some of it isn't pretty.
- Fergie is weirdly popular. She has the third best-selling album of the year.
- A guy gets tazed and shouts, "Don't taze me, bro!" And then this becomes a meme. (We are cruel.)
- "The Sopranos" fades to black. Literally. That's how the show ends, and people are really, really mad about it.
- Paris Hilton is a thing.
- And she's just gotten out of jail.
We're celebrating our 7th anniversary — and we'd love for you to help us celebrate, too! All week long, we'll have various giveaways, raffles, and discounts going on to thank you for sticking with us for 7 (wonderful) years. Let's start with...
Doesn't $777 towards your next live event sound kind of awesome right now? You can enter to win a gift card to TicketNetwork.com for $777! Share the contest with your friends using your unique URL (found in the widget on our promotional page), and if your friend wins, you win, too!
It's not every day you go to class and find out that your professor for the day is Kanye West. But that's what happened on Friday when Kanye visited L.A. Trade Technical College to teach a group of college students about all things fashion. Technically, Kanye was there as part of his community service, but let's just bask in the glow of Professor West. It takes the lyric "Yeezy taught me" to a whole different level.
Complex Magazine interviewed one of the students from the class, 19-year-old Andre Pitts. Here are some of the details (as told by Pitts).
Whatever you did over the weekend was cool and all, but Taylor Swift invited some fans over to her house, baked cookies, and they all listened to her new album 1989.
It was a surprise for 89 of her fans, who were all hand-picked by Taylor Swift herself. They were contacted by Taylor's management team and given vague details about the "top secret exclusive event" (where to go, and when) but nothing more, according to TSwiftLA.
Some of the details of the evening:
- There was a ton of food for the 89 attendees to eat, including cookies. Baked by Taylor Swift. Pumpkin chocolate chip, if you care.
- The group sat in Taylor's living room where she laid out the details of the evening. AKA, "Hey guys, thanks for being fans, now do you want to listen to my entire album with me right now?" (Not an exact quote.)
- Taylor spoke to her fans about the details of each song.
- They also got to hang out with Taylor's cat, Olivia. No details about her other cat, Meredith, but we'll assume she was there, too.
- There was dancing and rapping to Kendrick Lamar's "Backseat Freestyle."
- Everyone got to take selfies with Taylor. They also got gift bags.
- This all happened at Taylor's house in LA. Just wanted to reiterate that.