I'm not much of an OK Go fan, but I can (and do) appreciate a great music video. The band recently released a video for their newest single, "I Won't Let You Down," and it doesn't disappoint. It was shot using a camera on a drone and features dozens of people who use brightly-colored umbrellas to make a visually appealing choreographed dance routine. The video ends with shots so eleborate, it took 44 takes to get right (to be fair, there were 2,328 people in it, according to Rolling Stone).
This isn't the first creative music video for the band, either. This is kind of their thing.
Like that time they were the masters of illusion...
Once upon a time, singing competition shows launched careers for its winners. See: Kelly Clarkson; Carrie Underwood; Jordin Sparks.
But these days, that doesn't really seem to happen. So... what's the point of these singing competition shows, anyway?
If you're anything like me, then you probably know nothing about sports. Like, nothing might even be a generous descriptor. But today, you probably know something is happening — the World Series is happening, in fact. And if you don't want to be left out of the conversation, then you should figure out a way to be part of the conversation.
As someone who knows absolutely nothing about baseball, I can't give you much. But I can give you some really basic facts, and then a few silly ways to decide who you're going to root for. Ready?
What to know
- Game 1 is tonight. It starts at 8 p.m. EST.
- Two teams will play: Royals vs. Giants.
- This match-up is kind of weird. Nobody predicted it.
Reasons to root for the Royals
- They haven't even made it to the World Series since their 1985 win.
- Their colors are blue and white, which has a nice collegiate feel to them.
- Paul Rudd is a Royals fan.
- You can sing Lorde's song "Royals" in your head every time you think of this team.
Reasons to root for the Giants
- It would be really cool for them to keep up the every-other-year winning thing they've got going on. They won in 2010 and 2012.
- Their colors are orange and black, which is like a tigers, and tigers are fun.
- Usually when people mention the Giants, they're talking about the football team, so in a way, these guys are kind of an underdog.
- San Francisco is probably a cool city.
It's not scientific... but you have a 50/50 chance of rooting for the winning team, so pick one and go for it. Good luck!