Give the perfect gift this season - gift cards! Starting at just $25!
We're giving away a $50 TicketNetwork gift card, and all you have to do is tweet us your best Halloween-themed picture! Between 10/25/11 and 10/31/11, tweet your best Halloween-themed pic to @TicketNetwork. We will pick our favorite and post it on our blog, and whoever sent that photo will win a $50 gift card to www.ticketnetwork.com! A full list of rules is below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
The TN Team Blog Twitter Contest: Halloween Pics contest (“Contest”) may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia by persons who are at least 18 years old as of date of entry and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States.
1. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period (defined below), tweet your favorite Halloween-themed photograph to @TicketNetwork. The photograph included in your Submission, or one substantially similar to it, may not have been published, nor have won, or be currently entered in, any other photo contest. No alteration or retouching of original image or print is permitted. All submissions shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Submission: (a) THE SUBMISSION DOES NOT DEPICT ANY TRADEMARKS OR COPYRIGHTED CONTENT; (b) the Submission was not taken in violation of any event prohibition on picture-taking; (c) entrant is the sole and exclusive creator and owner of the Submission; (d) the Submission is entrant’s own creation and is 100% original; (e) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (f) the Submission is not in violation of the Twitter Rules or guidelines.
All entrants must have a valid Twitter account. Limit one (1) entry per person. Any entrant found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be disqualified. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of TicketNetwork (“Sponsor”) and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Start/End Dates. Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on October 25, 2011, and ends at 12:00 p.m. EST on October 31, 2011.
3. Eligibility. Participation is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and each of its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Judging/Judging Criteria. Judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Submissions that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language, or for depicting individuals, brands, trademarks, logos or copyrighted content in violation of these Official Rules. All Submissions will be judged by employees of Sponsor that have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging criteria on or about November 1, 2011. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
5. Prizes. One (1) prize: One (1) TicketNetwork.com giftcard. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $50.00. All taxes and any other costs and expenses not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent will be provided for the prize, except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute the prize with a prize of equal value, due to unavailability of an advertised prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. TicketNetwork.com giftcard awarded is subject to terms and conditions stated on giftcard. Giftcard must be redeemed through the TicketNetwork.com website at www.ticketnetwork.com or through customer service at (800) 456-8499. TicketNetwork.com giftcards cannot be used to purchase giftcards. Giftcards are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a cash refund. Any unused balance will be credited to the recipient's giftcard account and is not transferable. If the ticket cost of an order exceeds the giftcard amount, the recipient must pay for the balance with a credit or debit card. Giftcards and their use on the TicketNetwork website and via (800) 456-8499 are subject to TicketNetwork.com's general Policies. Not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen gift certificates. Specifics of the prizes are in Sponsor's sole discretion. All prizes will be awarded. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. Notification. The contest winner will be notified by e-mail or tweet on or about November 1, 2011, and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. Additionally, the winner may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. All materials submitted in connection with the Contest become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Neither Sponsor nor Sponsor’s employees shall be liable or responsible in the event any winner’s Submission is not used for any reason. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, Submission and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, promotion and advertising agencies, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE MAXIMUM RETAIL VALUE OF THE PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the jurisdiction of Sponsor’s headquarters, Hartford County, Connecticut. Any arbitration or trial by a judge of any claim will take place on an individual basis without resort to any form of class or representative action ("Class Action Waiver"). Regardless of anything else in this Arbitration Provision, the validity and effect of the Class Action Waiver may be determined only by a court and not by an arbitrator. Sponsor and Entrant acknowledge that the Class Action Waiver is material and essential to the arbitration of any disputes between the parties and is non-severable from the agreement to arbitrate claims. If the Class Action Waiver is limited, voided or found unenforceable, then the parties' agreement to arbitrate shall be null and void with respect to such proceeding, subject to the right to appeal the limitation or invalidation of the Class Action Waiver. SPONSOR AND ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL A CLASS ACTION BE ARBITRATED.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of Hartford in the State of Connecticut. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
11. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 30, 2011, to: Elizabeth Hoffman, 75 Gerber Rd. East, South Windsor, CT 06074.
12. Sponsor. TicketNetwork, 75 Gerber Rd. East, South Windsor, CT 06074.